Saturday, May 28, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Another contribution to the Six Sentence Sunday shenanigans...

As always, I'm contributing two snippets, one from each of my pseudonyms. For those not familiar with me, I write hetero erotic romance as Lauren Gallagher and M/M erotic romance as L. A. Witt.

From Lauren Gallagher, a snippet from
Until It's Over, a contemporary erotic romance currently available from Carnal Passions:

“Consider the situation you and I are in now.” His breath cooled the side of my neck and he lowered his voice to almost a whisper. “On one hand, I could quote Marvell and say ‘If we had world enough, and time, this coyness lady were no crime’.”

Something in his voice, or maybe it was the warmth of his body when his arms slid around my waist, made my breath catch. I turned around in his arms and swallowed hard. “And on the other hand?”


And from L. A. Witt, a little bit from With the Band, my recently released M/M rock band novel from Loose Id:

Leaning beside the door, his hips cocked slightly, one knee bent with a booted foot flat on the wall, was Bastian. Our eyes met, and my heart jumped into my throat. His gaze was electric with intensity, and there was no surprise in his expression. No startled reaction to my presence. He hadn’t come out here for any other reason, I was sure. He knew I’d be here.

Want to play along? It’s fun and easy!
1. pick a project – a current WIP, contracted work or even something readers can buy if you’re published
2. pick six sentences
3. post ‘em on Sunday

15 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Love them both.

    Just bought With the Band today! Cannot wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! Bastian will always have a special place in my heart...he was a lot of fun to write. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both scenes have wonderful sexual tension. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another sexy twelve...
    Happy Sunday,
    Kris Wolfgang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the descriptions in both of these. Great sixes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read them both, and they're both as hot as their snippets.

    But where's my vampire?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, on the other hand, I need to find out more! Hot sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of nice tension in both snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, me, too -- loving the tension in both scenes!! Fab six..es! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Powerful writing, and I love a man who can quote Andrew Marvell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to know what's on the other hand!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting to see the different styles in each. Both great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job, both of you.

    Both stories sound sexy!

    Best,
    Allure Van Sanz

    ReplyDelete