Friday, November 11, 2011

Lauren and L. A.: The State of the Union

So some of my readers may have noticed that my coming soon list is dwindling a bit. I try to keep several titles on that list at all times, with releases extending several months into the future. As of right now, though, I have four releases between now and mid-January, and then...nothing. For that matter, Lauren's last release was in September.

What's going on here???

Never fear, my lovely readers!

As many of you know, I'm right smack in the middle of moving from Okinawa to Nebraska, and surprise surprise, all the moving-related nonsense has taken a bite out of my productivity. I'm still writing, of course -- Where There's Smoke is coming along swimmingly, if slowly -- but have to attend to nonsense such as acquiring vehicles, traveling over long distances, and doing this "socializing" insanity with family and friends. People are so inconsiderate, expecting me to be "responsible" and "present" and all of that. Humph. Don't they know I have books to write? Some people, I tell you.

But the move is nearly over. I'm staying with my extremely patient and generous family in the Seattle area, where my cats and their cats are learning to interact via hissing and dirty looks. In mid-December, I will brave the icy roads of eastern Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado--

Pfft. Forget that noise. I'm driving down to southern California and taking the wimp's way out across the southern states. If the weather gets much worse, I'm going to end up crossing through Bolivia or something to avoid the snow.

ANYWAY. Sometime in late December/early January, I will at least be able to park my butt in my chair, at my desk, in my office, and...get back to work. *swoons* Ahh, only in this line of work could those four words sound so sweet. Have I mentioned I love my job? I totally do.

Though my coming soon list doesn't currently reflect it, 2012 will be a busy year, and rest assured, there will be plenty of books coming down the pipe. On the L. A. Witt side of things, books in the works include a sequel to A Chip In His Shoulder, the second and third Tooth & Claw books (The Given & The Taken is book #1), and quite possibly some jaunts into some new subgenres.

But what about Lauren? Why has she been so quiet lately? Some have asked if I'm retiring the Lauren Gallagher pen name to focus on L. A. Witt. Not to worry, Lauren fans. I spent a significant part of 2011 focusing on my M/M work, but there are several hetero plot bunnies chewing through their restraints as we speak, so expect to see some more M/F shenanigans this year. I also wanted to think about what direction Lauren will be heading. Focusing on contemporary? Branching into other subgenres? More or less menage and/or BDSM? You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

While I get all of these plot bunnies corralled and work on carting myself to Nebraska, there may be some gaps between release dates for the first part of the year. Once I'm settled in, though, everything should level out, and my coming soon list will once again be full of the promise of freshly-minted smutty goodness.

Also, now that I'm finally on the same piece of rock as some of my readers, I can actually go to some conferences and events and stuff! As of right now, I am definitely attending Authors After Dark in New Orleans this August. A few others are more tentative, but will be announced as they're confirmed.

For now, it's off to fashion harnesses and teach my cats to pull, just in case I get stuck in the snow somewhere in December...

No comments:

Post a Comment