Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sometimes it's a wonder I get anything done, Vol II

So as I settle into my new office, I'm finding it has its occasional minor disadvantage. A heater vent that randomly coughs cold air RIGHT up my pant leg. A bunch of stairs rudely standing in the way of me and my choice of refreshing beverages.

And...well, I have just a wee bit of ADD.

Now, this is the view from my desk:
You might notice on the left there is a rather skeletal looking tree. I'm sure it'll be infested with leaves in a few months, but for the time being, it's fallen victim to the cycle of the seasons and the evil cold of the midwest. It's not just an idle, barren tree, though.

For the most part, it just sits there quietly in the yard, but it also happens to be populated by--

SQUIRRELS!
Do you have ANY idea how hard it is for someone like me -- who is seriously ADD and adores anything of the cute and furry variety -- to focus when I have THIS looking at me from out there???
I think I may have to lower the blinds. Cause seriously? This is epic distracting cuteness of lethal proportions.

Anyway. Back to work. Gotta finish this chapter before-- SQUIRREL!

2 comments:

  1. LOL -- I'm sorry, but you're reminding me of my dog! He's an 18-month-old boxer/great dane mix and whenever I take him for a walk and he sees a squirrel he gets all "Mommy! Mommy! Lookit! I can catch it, Mommy, I promise, if you'll let go of me! Mommy!"

    And then he freaks out at a stray plastic bag blowing down the street, or someone's concrete lions at the end of their driveway, and hides behind my legs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures of wild furry creatures....*S* I love it!
    I can imagine just how hard it is to get anything done with a daily view like that. I live in the interior of Alaska north of Fairbanks, and I am simply in awe when a moose, a marten or even the little foxes wander across my wee 10 acres atop the mountain here. I could spend hours watching them in their element.
    Thank you for sharing your great pictures and about your writing. Wishing you the best as I love your books, and look forward to reading more of them in the future.. *S*

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete