Saturday, February 25, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday - Where There's Smoke

More Six Sentence Sunday!

This week, one last little bite of Where There's Smoke, which was released earlier this week from Loose Id, LLC:

I couldn’t get my fucking cigarette out fast enough. Fumbling with it and, subsequently, my lighter, I swore under my breath, desperate for that hit of nicotine. After a long, aggravating moment, everything cooperated. I held the flame to my cigarette, lit it, and set my lighter on the table as I pulled in that glorious lungful of smoke. Still watching him, trying to read his posture or his expression or something, I turned my head and exhaled.

Once the nicotine was safely working its magic on my nerves, I said, “How long has this been going on?”

Want to play along? It’s fun and easy!
1. pick a project – a current WIP, contracted work or even something readers can buy if you’re published
2. pick six sentences
3. post ‘em on your blog or website on Sunday


  1. Very descriptive. I can visualize the scene and almost smell the cigarette. Great job!


  2. Great description of a cig addict, i could totally see and feel it.....

  3. I've got this one ready to devour on my TBR. This just makes me want to get to it NOW. Well done!

  4. I liked this, knowing you, he really didn't need a hit from his nicotine.