Friday, March 28, 2014

WANTED: Established Authors Not Afraid to Give a Little to (Hopefully) Gain a Lot - of Exposure

From Cat Grant:
I'm putting together a self-published boxed set of M/M military man stories for release later this year. Right now there's me, LA Witt, Keira Andrews and two other possible authors on board. Ideally, I'd like ten authors in the bundle.

In a nutshell, I'm looking for: Novella length stories - 15 - 25K. Contemporary preferred, the hotter the better. I'd like to have the bundle available in time for GayRomLit this October, which means I would need the completed stories (beta'ed, edited and ready for publication) in hand no later than August 15th. (I will, of course, copy-edit for consistency in grammar, spelling, etc., but the stories will have to be beta'ed and/or edited at the authors' expense.) The bundle will be available for a limited time only (Octoberthrough next February or March). After that, we settle accounts, take the bundle off sale and all rights revert back to the individual authors.

The object here is not to make wads of cash, but gain greater exposure - ideally, to hit the NYT and/or USA Today lists. No guarantee it'll happen, but that's what we're shooting for. I will be the editor/project manager on this bundle, and will publish it under my Cat Grant Books imprint on Amazon. (I will probably upload it to Nook, Kobo and iTunes through my Smashwords account as well.) I estimate the cost for cover art, formatting, etc., to be about $300-400, the cost of which will be split among all the participating authors (so if we get ten authors - $30-40 each).

Interested? Shoot me a proposal at: bittermint2007@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment