First, thank you to everyone who played Fact or Crap to help celebrate my 6-year author birthday!
And now, the answers....
- Though my career started in 2009, I didn't attend a convention or meet any other authors until 2012 because I had been living overseas. (for clarification: I started writing full-time in 2008, was published in 2009 - this part of the fact is not crap) (FACT - I lived on Okinawa until the end of 2011, and attended my first con -- RT -- in 2012)
- Many of my books are set in my hometown, Seattle, but I haven't lived there since 2003. (for clarification: I just realized Facebook says I lived in Redmond, WA, in 2014 - I was staying there temporarily while moving to Spain, and changed my location so friends/family knew I was in town.) (FACT - Though we've stayed with my parents for short periods while transitioning between duty stations, my husband and I left Washington at the end of 2003.)
- Prior to becoming an author, I sold jewelry, worked as a pro photographer, ran a medical equipment repair shop, and edited porn. (FACT - Yes. Even the one about editing porn.)
- Wilde's, the club at heart of the Distance Between Us/Wilde's series, is based on a real night club in Seattle. (CRAP - Wilde's is 100% fiction.)
- The Distance Between Us, Rules of Engagement, and The Given & The Taken were meant to be standalones, but ended up with sequels. (FACT - Rules and Distance were not meant to have sequels, but after they were published, I realized they needed them. Given was intended to be a standalone, but a beta reader caused me to change the ending, which triggered two more books. THANKS AMY LANE.)
- With Aleksandr Voinov's permission and guidance, I am writing a sequel to his Dark Soul series. (FACT - I've been slowly working on it since 2013, and hope to release it in 2016.)
- I have written two novels that contain no on-screen sex - The Left Hand of Calvus and Lead Me Not. (FACT - No sex scenes in either book.)
- Link and Zelda, the quirky Maine Coon cats from the Bluewater Bay series, are based on my own cats, Midget and Fluffy. (CRAP - Fluffy didn't join our family until mid-2015, well after Link and Zelda made their first appearances.)
- The first time I ever saw one of my books in a brick & mortar bookstore was at Foyle's in London, and the book was Covet Thy Neighbor. (FACT - In fact, I actually walked right past it, but fortunately, Aleks saw it!)
- I've started doing my own cover art, and made the covers for Wireless and Broken Blades. (FACT - I've done several of my covers, including those two titles.)
So there you have it! And now you probably know more about me than you ever wanted to know. lol
WINNERS! I'll be e-mailing you all shortly, but if you have not received a message from me by the end of the day (Dec 7), please contact me.
Since only one person got both answers correct, I had to modify the prizes just a little. The winners and their prizes are:
Two correct answers (receiving 3 signed paperbacks + $25 Amazon gift card):
One correct answer, randomly drawn (receiving 2 signed paperbacks + $25 Amazon gift card):
One correct answer (receiving 1 signed paperback):
I will be e-mailing everyone shortly - congrats, and thanks for playing!