Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A bunch o' news...

It's been a pretty exciting day here in Omahaland, and there's load o' stuff to share with my lovely readers. :D

First, I'm pleased to announce that Cold Feet in Hot Sand, a M/F novella, has been picked up by Carnal Passions. Release date is TBA.

Second, new cover art! New excerpt! New blurb! New...genre?

Why yes, a new genre. Here is cover art for my first lesbian story, an erotic short called What This Woman Wants, due out the first week of April from Carnal Passions:

Beth loves Naomi, but something’s missing, and every time she’s suggested it, Naomi’s refused. Now Beth’s starting to wonder if she’s going to have to choose between the girl she loves and a fully satisfying life in the bedroom.

But tonight, Naomi’s got a little surprise for Beth…

A short excerpt is available here.

And last but not least, the part that's had me bouncing off the walls and completely non-productive since about 11 o'clock this morning: I'm thrilled to announce that Static is a finalist in two categories for this year's Lambda Literary Awards!

It's a finalist in the Transgender Fiction category as well as the LGBT SciFi/Fantasy/Horror category, and yes, when I got the e-mail, I may have made some incredibly undignified noises that scared my cat. I regret nothing. In related news, this also marks the first time in my life, to my knowledge, that my name has appeared on the Entertainment Weekly website. That may have also resulted in some undignified, cat-terrifying sounds. Don't judge me.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your nomination! How awesome to see your name on EW's website. I wrote an letter to their Feedback section several years ago and was thrilled to see it printed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's awesome! I doubt anyone would blame you for making those noises. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your nomination!! Static SOOOO deserves it. :)

    ReplyDelete